(Last Updated August 10, 2018)
1. INTRODUCTION. Welcome to The Anonymous Men’s Class (“the “Course”), a life-coaching and intimacy educational course created and taught by AMY COLOR (referred to herein as the “Creator”, “us”, “we”, or “our”). These terms constitute a legal agreement between us and every person who attends the Course or otherwise pays for access to the Content (as hereinafter defined), herein referred to as “you” or “your”. you should read them carefully and raise any questions and concerns that you have before you click “I AGREE”. You are encouraged to seek independent legal advice if you do not understand any of it.
2. NO GUARANTEED OUTCOMES. The Course is for your self-help and education. The insights, experiences, and exercises offered are provided to you so that you may develop your own healthy foundation for the improvement of your intimate relationships. Coaching is offered on the basis that you are seeking a more structured approach to pursuing self-help and self-realization in this area of your personal life. The Course is intended to be a guided learning to facilitate the implementation of a self-created approach into your own intimate relationships. It is in no way intended as a guarantee that your full emotional or life goals in these areas will be achieved. Only you can achieve that.
4. AGE OF MAJORITY. The target audience for the Course is adult men; it is therefore a requirement that you are the greater of: (a) 19 years or older; or, (b) of the age of majority in the Canadian province or territory in which you reside in order to attend the Course.
5. MATURE CONTENT. The Content may contain mature content, which may not be appropriate for all participants. The Content has not been rated by any ratings or regulatory board. You acknowledge and agree that you may be exposed to adult or mature content, adult language, or is otherwise graphic or objectionable in nature. You agree that attendance of and participation in the Course and engagement with the Content is at your sole discretion, and that the Creator is not responsible for any discomfort or shock you may feel.
6. COPYRIGHT. All Content is the property of the Creator and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. The Course and the Content are for your personal, non-commercial use, education and personal betterment. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, translate, broadcast, publicly display, sell, transmit, retransmit, license, sub-license, publish or modify any of the materials used in the Course or its affiliated website or the Content without the prior written consent of the Creator or her authorized agents.
7. TRADEMARKS. Intimate With Amy and related names, logos, images, page headers, scripts, or other images incorporated into the Course and/or the Content are protected by registered or unregistered trademarks or trade names owned by or licensed to the Creator (collectively, the “Trademarks”). The Trademarks and all other trademarks included in or communicated via the Course or its Content are the property of their respective owners and use of them is not authorized in any manner other than as required for you to participate in the course and use the Course website and view the Content in accordance with these Terms.
8. NOT THERAPY. This Course is not to be confused with psychotherapy, professional counselling, or other medical treatments in psychology and psychiatry. The Course involves providing education and guidance to those seeking to learn and implement a self-directed discovery process respecting their own lives. Within this goal, we will do everything we can to provide objective observations and feedback, and will use a variety of learning techniques to help you implement what you are learning. However, it is important to understand that this is different from psychotherapy or other medical treatments in psychology and psychiatry. While both utilize knowledge of human behavior, motivation and behavioral change and interactive techniques, the major differences are in the goals, focus, and level of professional responsibility. Psychotherapy or other medical treatments in psychology and psychiatry are health care services and are usually reimbursable through health insurance policies and require licensed health care professionals with accredited training to render. This is not true for this Course.
The focus of the Course is the development and implementation of strategies to reach client-identified goals of enhanced performance and personal satisfaction, and specifically improving intimacy in personal relationships. The Course utilizes personal strategic planning, values clarification, brainstorming, motivational skills, and other similar techniques. However, the Course does not encroach on the areas involving use of skills that only licensed professionals are permitted to deliver.
This Course will not diagnose or treat mental health disorders. It is your responsibility to manage your own mental health, including obtaining necessary exams and ongoing support as needed. The Course should be seen as a supplement to such a support system, it should never be seen as a replacement for it.
In situations where you are under the care of a professional counselor or medical practitioner and conflict arises between the recommendations of those professionals and the Creator or the Content, you have the responsibility to follow the guidance of the professionals. They will typically have a much deeper understanding of the unique situations that you face and will have a mastery of the plan that is in place to manage your situation.
Everything that we do together in through the Course is voluntary. We do not accept clients who are not attending willingly and who are not self-motivated to develop and implement a self-directed discovery process. Accordingly, you are free to end your involvement at any time.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. This Course and the Content are made available to you on an “as is” basis. The course makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to your personal betterment. You expressly agree that your mental health and interpersonal relationships are your own responsibility.
Subject to any applicable local laws, if any, under no circumstance, including without limitation, negligence, gross negligence, negligent misrepresentation and fundamental breach, shall the Creator be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, economic or punitive damages or any loss that results from the support for any participation in, or the inability to attend the Course or access any of the Content or the transmission of confidential or sensitive information at an event or over the internet. These limitations apply whether or not the party liable or allegedly liable was advised, had other reason to know, or in fact knew of the possibility of damages. You specifically acknowledge and agree that the creator shall not be liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user, including you; and any losses, claims, damages, expenses, liability or costs resulting directly or indirectly out of, or otherwise arising in connection with the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, privacy or other industrial or intellectual property rights or contractual rights of any third party. These limits apply to any act or omission of the creator, whether or not the acts or omissions would otherwise give rise to claims or causes of action in contract, tort, pursuant to statute or pursuant to any other doctrine of law.
10. ARBITRATION. All disputes or questions touching on these Terms or as to any act, deed or omission or the rights, duties or liabilities of any of the parties under these Terms will be referred to arbitration before a single arbitrator in accordance with and subject to the provisions of the Arbitration Act of British Columbia and amendments or replacements thereto. The place of arbitration shall be the City of Vancouver, Province of British Columbia.
11. GENERAL. These Terms shall in all respects be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada applicable to contracts entered into and fully performed therein. Subject to the arbitration clause immediately preceding this paragraph, only the British Columbia courts (Provincial and Federal) shall have jurisdiction over controversies regarding this Agreement and the parties consent to the same. Any proceeding involving such a controversy shall be brought in those courts, in the City of Vancouver.
These Terms, as amended from time to time, and any rules, policies, guidelines or other agreements posted on the Course website by the Creator, constitute the entire agreement between us and you for your participation in the Course.
Either party’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms does not mean that party has waived any provision or right in these Terms. No waiver by either the Creator or you of any breach or default under these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
If any provision of these Terms is determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that determination shall not affect the remaining provisions. If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to give effect to the Creator’s original intentions and the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms enure to the benefit of and are binding on you, your heirs and your legal personal representatives and on the Creator’s respective successors and assigns.
If you are dissatisfied with the Course or with these Terms, then your sole remedy is to stop attending the Course.